date: Friday, December 13, 2013 @ 11:41 AM
title: A meaningful 2013 - last entry
My last entry of 2013, and I surely wonder if anyone is still reading. 2013 has been really good. I thank and each and every individual who has been part of my life to make it better and stronger. Be it my friends, my family and YLwho is now my fiance. oh gross! Luff out loud.
I have travelled 4 times this year. This year a little further away to Macau/Hk and to the lovely Taiwan.
In March, I went to macau and hongkong with yelong's and his entire family including his grandma and aunties. We stayed at the magnificent 'The Venetian' for 4 nights on the account of his aunt. It was a lovely trip whereby I am my relationship between his family grew even stronger.
In May, We brought mom to taiwan - Taichung and Taipei for a week. Im so glad mom joined me for this trip after his recovery from cancer last year. She enjoyed Taiwan the most compared to yl and myself and also my chance to spend more time with her as much as I could. Love you mom.
This is us at jiufen
and along the streets at the night markets.
Shi fen - release tian ming deng.
And in August, during the national day long weekend, I went to KL with Stacy, YL, my cousin zainan, Jingjie and Claudine for a short 3 days 2 nights. We stayed at the luxurious ritz carlton again. As usual Stacy and I decided to Squeeze into the bathtub together again to have our bubble bath. LOL
our trip was spent doing really nothing and we spent alot of days massaging.
Nevertheless good to have a once a year trip with friends.
and my last trip of the year , a very special trip which I will always remember for life. The intial plan was to fly over to spend the birthday oversea for the man. But he had all the activities all planned well for me. My sis had us upgraded to a junior suite at Le Mereidian Phuket. The room was so good until we spent alot of time in there. The hotel had their own private beach so everything was very "on our own" and we avoided the touristy Patong beach
I made reservation the The 9th Storey Phuket for Yelong's bday dinner.
Nice cosy little place looking over the whole of patong as there are very few high rise building there itself.
And what made it special was .......
He went down on one knees. He had it all set up all arranged and to be honest,
I am very touched. Thank you for your effort my dear and looking forward to the next 1 yr of wedding preparation before we tie the knot in march 2015.
And oh,
did I say I managed to patronise "The Ocean Restuarant - Cat Cora" for my birthday this year.
Hilariously expensive but go for the view. Die hard romantic place.
And my craze for marathon began in my first run - Sundown 2013 10km. I grew and found my love for running long distance.
and running with my best buddy - 15km Run by the Bay
Shape run in october - 10km
Run for Hope Marathon -10km
and my last run of the year - Illumi Party Run 5km
I spent lots of 50s joining a run and everyone always comment that I am crazi. haha. I have taken up more challenge in 2014. I signed up for half marathons in feb 15- Marina Run and March 2 - 2XU compression run. Let see if i can unlock the mental challenge. But no regrets becos everytime when I finish a run, i feel totally good is like an accomplishment unlocked.
Oh I have to mention, I striked"4d" in february this year with my best buddy again. We happened to saw the same car number plate and decided to buy. Consolation price but better than nothing.
My dog is 10 years old this year. I wish I could do more for her and always thankful that we have her around in our life. We love you always and please stay healthy for the next few more years you have with us baby. I love you forever fluffy.
Dad turned 60 this year and Grandma at 78.
So happy to see our family is expanding. More and more every year and welcoming another nephew next year May
and my last pic of the year - My home. We have signed our lease in february this year and I am definitely looking forward to our new stay. It is building very slowly but I will wait patiently for it and for us to start a happy family there together.
And ending my last entry with an early christmas greetings and new year wishes. To all loyal readers, May your 2014 be a splendid new year and if 2013 isnt good enough, 2014 will definitely be better.
And for now till 2015, - Be prepared with lots of wedding preparation post from me. haha.
Love you guys.